Sunday, July 20, 2008

From Hollywood to goodbyes

Hey guys!

I think I've been so good about blogging! riiiiiight! So lets see most things remain the same from the first post...so we won't touch on those (i.e. jobless and living at home) haha! Since then I went to Hollywood!! My older sister Amanda is currently living in West Hollywood, for those of you that don't know she's a travel nurse. As a perk to this job/lifestyle she lives, Abby and I get to travel a lot to see her!! Last summer was New York and Seattle and this time it was LA! We had a blast just hanging out and going to the beach! A very cold beach...at that! I FINALLY got to see WICKED! ...and it was AMAZING! I'm pretty sure I like the story better than the original Wizard of Oz! The music was amazing and I just thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

So this week is going to be pretty sad...seeing how I have to say goodbye to Kat for a year! That sucks...haha! The other night MKAKA had dinner at Ashley's house and I must say i'm not liking this whole grown up life! I miss having 4 roommates and college! Well besides that it was a lot of fun! My dad turns 53 on Tuesday ( i bet you guys all were dying to know about that). hahaha Wow I'm like bouncing all over the place...i apologize!

So lastly I as was thinking about my current situation I have realized that I need to give back. A friend of mine invited me to this volunteer orientation for a program for disabled adults out in Wylie. So starting this Wednesday until I get a job I will be going out to Coventry Reserve to help out there. I'm very excited to give some of my time to this ministry. Its a great group of Christians trying to make the lives of disabled adults more than just watching tv. At this program they make pottery, do therapy, exercise, and many other fun activities. I'm excited to see where God will use me! :)

So this is a small update! Miss yall and see you soon! Call me...I'm free! Sorry for the rambling!

Ashley

2 comments:

Kat said...

I just thought I'd tell you that I love your blog and I think you did a great job updating! haha YaY! I love you!

Celina said...

i like when people write just like they talk! it was a good post! i'm so happy that you are finding purpose in your current state...awesome!